Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Happy Halloween - a little late!

So, here is a look into the most embarrassing day of my life! I cannot believe that I survived this humiliation! Seriously?!?! How much can one dog take?

I knew that Halloween was coming. Mr. Kitty and Simba warned me that I might want to hide before Mom got a hold of me. I seriously should have listened to them! Who knew that the cats could a) tell the truth and b) be right?!?

The cats told me that Mom tries to use our names to dress us. Poppy was a flower. Beamer was a BMW. So, I thought I was safe. Since one of the meanings of my name is "Black haired" I thought I had lucked out! What could be easier than that for me?!?

Umm... Not so lucky! Mom decided to go with my nickname: Dog. Nope, not the Bounty Hunter. Like "woof woof" dog. Again, I thought it was a simple costume that I could pull off. Then, I heard them talking about making me a Yellow Lab! Are you kidding me?!?!
Dagan in his costume, yellow felt covering his whole body with a green felt puppy coat and a headband with yellow earsYeah. My face tells you what I think of my costume. If my own ears showed under my stupid yellow lab ears, they would tell you that I am tolerating my costume, but not happy about it. Can I go back to black please??

At least my other friends were tortured with me for our Pre-Halloween puppy meeting.

Sparky, a MYL, in a clown collarSparky is always clowning around!
Ginger, FYL, lying on the floor in her black and pink tutuGinger is a dancing queen (said just to get that song stuck in Mom's head as punishment for my costume. Ginger is really a ballerina!)
Ned, MBL, looking into the camera with his knight-like head dressing and the Headless Horseman on his backMy poor poor baby brother Ned! He was the horse for the Headless Horseman.

Hestia, FBL, wrapped up in a Halloween garlandHestia's costume was missing, but she found a way to celebrate!

I cannot tell you how happy I am that Halloween is behind me! Let's hope it doesn't show up for at least another year!

Wags and Wiggles,
Dagan

No comments:

Post a Comment