Sunday, February 21, 2010

Beach Fun!

What a fun weekend!! After Mom and Dad spent some time in the yard on Saturday, we headed for the beach! We started at an overlook on the cliffs. We watched the waves crash and the birds fly - my ears did a lot of flying too!
Dagan in his puppy coat on a cliff overlooking the oceanThen we hit the beach! It was a windy and cloudy day, but there was no rain! We got out of the car and Mom put my flexi leash on me. I knew I was in for something fun when that happened! I got in the sand and it felt so funny under my toes! I put my nose down for a sniff and that stuff covered my nose! Sand up the nose is no fun!
Dagan with his sand covered nose to the groundIt was still fun though! Then, we walked down towards the water. The water was kinda weird! It came and went! Came and went! I kinda felt like it was chasing me and I didn't know what to do about it. Finally, Dad went in with me!
Dagan in the wet sand getting ready to hit the water
If Dad will do it, it can't be that bad, right?? So, I thought I would put my toes in a little further.
Dagan in the water toe deepIt was fun to run and splash around! I like to jump over the white stuff and run through the water. Mom said I was SO SO good!! We did lots of practice with FIR. Each time Mom called, I came running! I even came when we were surrounded by seagulls. SO good! And I came when there were other dogs around too! I am SO proud of myself!
Dagan sitting in front of the camera, looking up with his cute sandy face, one ear flipped backwards
Yes? You called Mom?? I came! Good boy! Good boy! What do you mean I look like I need a bath??

Off to the bath! Pictures of that tomorrow!

Wags and Wiggles,
Dagan

2 comments:

  1. Ohhh, that looks so fun! I'm glad Dagan likes water better than Accord did. I'm hoping to take Cabana to the off-leash beach this week. She needs a bath very badly, so I figure I'll let her get really dirty first.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dagan! How big you have grown!!! Sounds like you had a great time at the beach!

    Erin & Pompei

    ReplyDelete