Thursday, January 21, 2010

I'm a Big Boy Now!

Ok, I know it's been a couple days since I updated you all. I've been very busy! But, something exciting has happened! Yesterday, after work, Mom and I went to visit another new vet (I've been to more than I can count already!) I don't like going in there much. I never know what is going to happen, so I was kinda nervous about the whole thing. First, I had to get weighed - I'm a hefty 36 pounds! Mom says that the bulk of that is my feet.

Then, if was off to the room. I had to have my temperature taken. Ugh. I hate that!! I tried to wiggle that thing out, but Mom and the tech had a good hold on me and wouldn't let me. Bummer! While we were waiting for Dr. Smith, I tried to hide under Mom's chair. I swear I used to be able to hide under chairs in the vet clinic! Not sure what happened! When Dr. Smith came in, she was real nice. She understood that I was kinda nervous and played with me and told me I am cute (duh!).

Then, she checked me out. She listened to my heart (that thing was cold!! Did not like it much!) and looked in my ears. She felt my belly and checked over some stuff from my last vet.

Then the needles came out. Not fun! I got TWO pokes! TWO! Not fair at all! My poor little butt will be sore for weeks! OK, maybe not. But, still! How rude!

But, there is a good part of this! Now, I'm a big boy!! I got my new Big Boy collar tag that says I am legal and safe to go anywhere! I can't wait to experience the world! SO excited!!

Today, I got to walk through the parking lot where the pet store is! Yippy! It was a bummer that I had gone to work with Dad and Mom went to the pet store without me! Bummer!! But, next time, I get to go! I get to go! And, I can go to the beach (though its so wet outside that I don't know why we need to go see more water!) Parks! Trails! Beaches! Fun fun fun!

Tomorrow, I'm off to visit Hallie! She's waiting for her new puppy and has to puppy sit for a few days before she is ready. I'll be sure to tell you all about it when I get home - or a couple days after! I think I come home on Monday, just in time for my next vet visit! Ugh! This time, it will be another stick for some blood work. Ewww! No fun!

Gotta pack for my weekend of fun!
Wags and Wiggles,
Dagan

No comments:

Post a Comment