Yep! The title is right! This is my last Month post! There will always be more to tell, but it's hard coming up with this stuff! And this one is SUPER special! I am not sure I can beat this edition. Here's what's happening this month:
16 Things I want to do as a Career Change Dog!
Yep. That's right. I have come to the end of my puppy raising journey. A while back, I hurt my leg and they determined that I had pano. Well, the limp went away for the most part, but sometimes I still shifted my weight off my leg. I look a little dorky when I do it.
So, as I started shifting my weight more and more over the past 3 weeks, Mom started asking questions and worrying again. I went back to see the vet at GDB today. Turns out, there is a little more going on in there than just Pano. I have loose knee caps! Go figure. So, as I move and pivot around, my knee cap pops in and out of place. This causes pain and I limp. As a guide, pulling into harness would put more pressure on my rear legs. My knee caps would move around and cause pain. A limping guide dog is not a good thing. So, as of Monday, I am a free dog!
Without further ado, here's my 16 things:
1) Get a super cute collar (rather than the basic black of GDB)
Collar - check!
2) Learn to get comfy on the couch.
Couch - check!
3) Spend time snuggling in bed.
Bed - Check!
4) Schedule an off leash beach day. (In the works!)
5) Visit a dog park (Mom's never been!)
6) Learn to shake hands.
7) Take an acting class (or a tricks class - some sort of fun non-GDB training)
8) Eat yummy treats (not kibble!)
Bear shaped dog cookies - Yum! Errr, I mean check!
9) Stuffed Kong! Can't wait!
10) Ride on the front seat of the car!
11) Sniff whatever I want to on a walk.
12) No more Gentle Leader!!
13) Illegal toys!
Toys - half a check. 3 is totally not enough!
14) Be Dad's work buddy and ride in the truck.
15) Help raise more guide dog puppies.
16) Stay with Mom and Dad forever and ever.
I started checking stuff off already! It's been a really busy day! And, my blog will continue! Poppy left for college and stopped updating you all. SO not me! Looking forward to lots of new adventures and fun!