Or not! I'm more of a pouter than a crier! I am a few days late, but I have been having trouble getting pictures to upload! So, I've given up putting you all off. I spent the week before my birthday with Brittany and her family for a puppy swap It was SO much fun! But, I was super glad to get home and see my favorite people for my special day. Most of the pups traded back at puppy class, but Mom and Brittany met to take me Birthday shopping before the meeting. So lucky! I got a giant new Nylabone. Love it! Then, at the meeting, once all the puppies had been swapped back to their raisers, we did some obedience. After obedience class, Mom said there was Birthday cake. SCORE! Sounds yummy! Wait... What?!?! No cake for ME!?!? Who's birthday is it anyway?!?!? Yeah. Thanks for the dog cookie.
Since I know you've all been waiting for it, I'll give you my 12 things at 12 months:
1) I ROCK school!! I went to high school with Brittany and Kerri takes me to college once a week.
2) I won over my cousin Lupe. She is my Uncle Steve's dog, who generally dislikes and grumps at the guide dog puppies. But, me, she likes! Score!
3) I respond VERY reliably to the "come" command. But, I have to work on it in more situations. You see, I have to turn that the shortest route is not always the best way to respond to "come." That is especially important if the shortest route includes jumping on the kitchen counter...
4) If you take ANYthing from a store, it is considered shoplifting. Even those plastic size things that go on hangers. Big lips are not supposed to be used for hiding such things. Eating them is the best way to hide the evidence - at least for a day or so.
5) I am gaining trust with my people in other people's homes. A little less leash is a good thing.
6) Mom says that I am doing fabulous on all my outings. I can go anywhere and not bat an eye lash.
7) I LOVE my people. I know who loves me and think that they are most fabulous!
8) I am doing better when other people handle me. Walking me, I respond better and I do less testing of newbies.
9) I am sleeping off tie-down without messing with anything.
10) I am SO happy to see my kitties when I have been away from them.
11) I love making eye contact with people. I prefer to look INTO them, rather than at them.
12) There is nothing better than cuddle time!
Happy Birthday to me! Looking forward to many more!
Wags and Wiggles,